About the job
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Seeking a skilled healthcare sales manager with experience leading specialist sales teams. Ability to coach, mentor and develop high performers and sustain a culture of excellence – 12-month contract role.
Skilled Specialist Sales Leader
BMS is seeking a skilled Regional Sales Manager, Immuno-oncology to lead a sales team of Specialist Sales Representatives located across New South Wales and Queensland. Candidates located in either QLD or NSW will be considered. It is expected you will drive strong results through your team and deliver a superior coaching & development experience to ensure excellence is sustained and business potential is realised.
Key Responsibilities And Major Duties
- Strong focus on coaching the team to execute effectively and deliver against KPIs
- Drive business results and achieve financial targets, taking ownership of results within and beyond area of responsibility through outstanding account planning, management and tactical implementation
- Engage and motivate team members tracking individual performance, skills and behaviours coaching to achieve optimal performance
- Strong understanding of account planning and management and an ability to coach others
- Efficient management of operational costs and implementation of organisational strategies to maximise sales effectiveness and deliver on Business Unit targets
- Ensure regular cross-functional reviews (monthly) of account and territory performance and market trends to help identify opportunities that directly shape future business plans and activities for each account
- Model and coach effective selling and business planning through field coaching and ongoing team contact
- Recruit (as appropriate), coach and develop a high performing Specialist Sales Representative (SSR) team by modelling and coaching effective selling and business planning
- Lead the COE account plan presentations and work with the cross functional account teams to ensure execution of agreed tactics and strategy evolution
- Constantly improve sales force effectiveness and account planning by analysing sales performance data, activities data, and market insights (IQVIA) to inform and develop strategies
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder networks and relationships internally and externally to drive the business forward. Place customers at the center in addressing needs and finding business solutions. Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and insights
- Ensure business objectives are met in full compliance with laws, regulations and BMS standards of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Ensure alignment of personal, team and department/company goals and objectives, while driving BMSA culture
Experiences, Skills & Qualifications
Available to skilled sales managers with leadership experience. Must have strong coaching & development skills, high-level business acumen and demonstrable ability to drive results through high performing sales teams.
- Tertiary or equivalent qualifications in Science, Nursing, Business or a related discipline
- Solid experience in managing sales teams recruitment, coaching and developing teams to superior performance.
- Deep understanding of sales force motivational drivers and experience with implementation of reward and recognition strategies/programs.
- Sound marketing/business acumen and account planning and management. Proven ability to engage an organization around a brand/account strategy/vision;
- Solid track record in successfully managing profitable relationships with key accounts in a specialty environment
- Proven track record in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers by working cross-functionally.
- Ideally 8-10 years’ experience in a relevant role within the pharmaceutical or related industry (especially Oncology)
- Strong leadership profile and excellent communication, selling, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Deep insight into the hospital environment customers, networks, access and relevant departments
- Sound strategic thinking and understanding of core marketing, account management and selling principles/techniques
- Resource prioritization and territory/account planning/ deployment
- Effective within a cross-functional team setting
- Ability to analyse, develop and execute business plans according to prioritized growth levers
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.